In a world that's constantly changing and evolving, individuals with the passion, creativity, and ambition to make a difference are in high demand. Yale University's Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program offers a unique opportunity for extraordinary individuals from all over the globe and across diverse disciplines to enhance their capacity to contribute to a better world. This program has been transforming lives and fostering change since its inception in 2002. Let's dive into the heart of the program, its mission, and how you can apply to be a part of this life-altering experience.
Who Are World Fellows?
World Fellows are a unique breed of individuals. They embody character, integrity, energy, and talent. They are dynamic, creative, disruptive, and innovative. Above all, they are selfless leaders who inspire, motivate, and serve others. These are individuals who have already made a significant impact in their respective fields, are on the rise in their careers, and are eager to achieve their full potential. The program has created a global network of over 400 World Fellows hailing from 96 different countries, all connected not only to Yale but also to each other.
The Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program Details
The program, spanning four months, is a full-time residential experience based at Yale's International Leadership Center within the Jackson School of Global Affairs. It runs annually from mid-August to mid-December. World Fellows are invited to Yale to expand their vision, learn from peers, and grow both personally and professionally.
Here are some key components of the program:
1. Weekly Seminars: The "Good Society"
- World Fellows share their visions for making the world a better place.
- They present their professional work and how it contributes to building a 'good society.'
2. Salons: Expanding Horizons
- World Fellows host distinguished guests for discussions on vital topics.
- These discussions challenge their views and expand their knowledge.
3. Personal Development
- World Fellows receive individual and group coaching.
- Skills development training equips them with the tools needed to effect real change.
- Fellows can audit a diverse range of Yale courses, work on individual or collaborative projects, and engage in independent research.
4. Hosting Events
- World Fellows give talks and participate in panels across Yale.
- Sharing their knowledge and expertise with students and faculty, they are an invaluable resource to the university.
5. Mentoring Students
- World Fellows mentor Yale students who apply to be their liaisons.
- Student liaisons assist in organizing events and ensure Fellows are fully immersed in the life at Yale.
- Fellows broaden their global network by connecting with their cohort and other Fellows worldwide.
- Yale's campus provides numerous opportunities to connect with faculty and students who share professional and academic interests.
Applicants should be between five and twenty-five years into their professional careers and have demonstrated significant accomplishments at a regional, national, or international level. While the average age of a World Fellow is 39, there is no specific age limit.
Applicants must be citizens of a country other than the United States, although dual citizens with the United States may also apply. Proficiency in English is crucial, as the program is conducted in English. Fellows are required to be in residence at Yale for the entire duration of the program, from mid-August to mid-December.
Are you ready to take the first step towards a life-changing opportunity? The Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program at Yale University is open for applications, and your journey to becoming a World Fellow begins with a compelling CV. This prestigious program is highly competitive, with applicants from around the world vying for a limited number of fellowships. To make your application truly shine, you need a CV that showcases your achievements, experiences, and potential to become a global leader. Your journey to making a positive impact at the local, national, or international level starts here. Seize the opportunity and apply for the Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program with a CV that stands out!
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- An established record of extraordinary achievement and integrity.
- A commitment to a "good society" and to making a positive impact at the local, national, or international level.
- A promise of a future career in leadership and notable global impact.
- A special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking.
- A likelihood to benefit from the program and contribute to the global perspective at Yale.
- A commitment to a rigorous program of activities and full-time residence at Yale, including mentoring students and speaking frequently on campus.
The Application Process Overview
The application process is conducted entirely online, with no paper forms or application fees. You can work on your application at your own pace and submit it when ready. The materials required include a résumé/curriculum vitae, a personal statement, and three letters of recommendation. Applicants also have the option to submit a brief video statement.
For any questions about the program or the application process, you can contact the program staff at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Compensation Package
World Fellows are provided with a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- A taxable stipend to cover the costs of living in New Haven.
- A modest, furnished one or two-bedroom apartment for the program's duration.
- Medical insurance.
- Round-trip travel from your home country.
The Application Process
Admission to the World Fellows Program is highly competitive. Thousands of applications are received from around the world for a limited number of fellowships. The selection process prioritizes geographical diversity and a wide range of professions and experiences.
To apply for the 2024 program, visit the official website:
The application deadline is Wednesday, December 6, 2023, at 1:00 PM EST.
Becoming a World Fellow is not just an opportunity to further your career; it's a chance to join a global community of change-makers. So, if you're passionate about making the world a better place, consider applying to the Maurice R. Greenberg World Fellows Program and embark on a transformative journey at Yale University. Your ambitions, creativity, and dedication can truly change the world. Apply now and make a lasting impact!